This article may apply to you, if:
- You purchased in-app without first having signed in or registered
- You want to use your actual email address, perhaps to watch on the website or other devices
- You may see, depending on your app version, a "placeholder" email in the profile, in the format of email@example.com
Here's what to do:
- Tap the Settings icon in the lower right corner of the app.
- Near the bottom of the Settings screen, tap on the red Sign-out text, located immediately above Terms and Conditions.
- If necessary, update to the latest version of the app. Apple https://apps.apple.com/app/trailer-park-boys-swearnet/id1399253451 or Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.swearnet
- Tap Sign in and then sign in with your existing Swearnet email and password, *or* if you've never registered before, tap Register and provide your email and password.
Note: Detailed registration instuctions can be found in How do I register my email address?
- Tap the Settings icon, then tap the Purchase button and then tap the Restore Purchases button. If you are taken to the Digital Store screen and see a second Restore Purchases, click on that Restore Purchases button as well.
On Apple, you should see a Purchases Restored message. On Android, a similar message will be displayed.
Tap the Settings icon to verify your membership status is complete and correct.
You should now be able to use your real email going forward, in app and on the web.
Why is this happening? When you purchase in-app without signing in or registering, we create a fake account on the server to support app functionality, such as content access (via purchases) and additional app features (what you've watched, favourites, etc). In order to be listed on the app stores, Apple and Google required that we support in-app purchase without registration. There can be no requirement for users to provide personal information, such as email addresses. The steps above essentially move your purchases over to a fully registered account.