This article applies to you, if:
- You sign into the web with Facebook
- You also want to be able to sign into the app
The following steps will let you use your email/password to authenticate in the app or on the web. Don't worry, you'll retain your ability to use Facebook authentication on the web:
- SIGN IN to www.swearnet.com with Facebook as you normally do
- Click PROFILE (upper left corner of the nav)
- Click PROFILE in the sub nav. Your User Profile will be displayed.
- Check that the email listed is correct. If the email is blank, outdated or incorrect, simply enter your correct email address. You need to be able to receive and open emails on it.
- Click the Update User Profile button to save the change
- Click the LOGOUT button
- Click SIGN IN
- Click the Forgot your password? text link
- Enter the same email that you had entered or verified in step 4
- Click the Send me password instructions button
- If your email is recognized, you should receive an email, generally within a few minutes. If we can't find your email in our system, you will obviously NOT get an email. Check your junk and spam folders, it may be in there.
- Click the special link in the email you just received to pick a new password. (note that if you happen to receive multiple emails, only the most recent email's special link will work).
- Fill out the form with the password and confirm fields matching, and click Submit
- You'll be signed into the website. You can now use that same email and password to sign into the app.